Saturday, January 25, 2014

Inside Out


I saw this book tag on Christian Bookshelf Reviews and it sounded like a lot of fun, so I thought I'd join along. The tag was originally created byMathomBooks on YouTube.

I ~ Inside flap/Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough (Discuss)

I like to know what a book is going to be about, and most of the time I have to read the summary plus a bunch of reviews about a book before I will buy or elders it. But I definitely don't want the book to be spoiled! 

N ~ New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: Audiobook, E-Book, Paperback, or Hardcover?

I honestly prefer paperback books, bit I also like Ebooks. Nothing beats holding a paperback book in your hand and flipping through the pages or fingering the next page before you turn it!

S ~ Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? (Tell us why)

No Way Will I Ever Scribble In A Book! I believe that books should be respected, and that scribbling in it takes away from the story. If I want to take notes I use a notebook or sticky notes.

I ~ In your best voice, read for us your favorite 1st sentence from a book.

This one is super hard! I do love the first sentence of Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson. It is very beautiful just like the rest of the book. I love the reference to birds and it is perfect to lead into the rest of the story!
"A woodlark sings of heartache. A swallow calls in the two-tone rhythm of a race. And a blackbird's song is the whistle of homecoming. 


D ~ Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you're deciding on a book? What if you're unsure of the author's gender?

The authors gender doesn't bother me, but I do find and read more books by females. 

E ~ Ever read ahead? or have you ever read the last page way before you got there?

Usually the only times I read ahead in a book are if I am extremely bored. This doesn't happen very often though. When I was little I used to have a bad habit of flipping to the last page just to make sure the book would end the way I wanted it to. I finally decided that I needed to break that habit about five years ago. I had been doing really well until it read Tigers Destiny by Colleen Houck (the fourth book in the tigers curse series). Honestly I had been waiting and waiting for the book to come out, the series was so good, and I pretty much knew that I was going to have to look at the last page sometime before the end of the book. I was kind of impressed when I manages to get 50 pages into it without looking, but I just couldn't take it anymore! I haven't done that since though! Thank goodness! I feel that looking at the last page takes away from the diverse emotions we feel when reading. 

                        &

O ~ Organized bookshelves, or Outrageous bookshelves?


I try really hard to keep my bookshelves organized. The books in a series must go together, certain books have their certain places... Sometimes my ten year old sister likes to go through my books, so I tell her that she must put them back where she found them. She doesn't listen very well so I have to reorganize them!

U ~ Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?


No, definitely not!! A lot of the time the cover draws me to a book, but like I said earlier I'm one of those prople that has to read the summary and multiple reviews before I will spend my money on a book, or even borrow it!

T~ Take it outside to read, or stay in?

I love to read outside!! If it is warm enough, I will spend almost the whole day reading outside. I just love the sounds, views, smells, and the wonderful feeling that I always get when reading outside! In the winter and on cold rainy days I do enjoy curling up with a books and some hot chocolate though!

What about you? How do you feel about these things? I would love to hear know so feel free to comment and discuss!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating! I enjoyed reading your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!