Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Liebster Blog Award


I would like to say a huge thank you to Rimsha Salam at Ramblings of a Bookwarm for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much I'm honored.
What is this?
The Liebster Award is an award to bloggers with less than 200 followers from fellow bloggers, and its goal is to spread the word and introduce us to new blogs. It's so wonderful how wonderful new blogs appear all the time!

The Rules
List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers (you can't re-nominate the blog that nominated you).
Go to their blog and tell them they have been nominated and leave a link to their post.

11 facts about me
1. I love to spend time with my family, friends, and pets (black lab Princess and cat Hannah), walking my dog, working in my grandparents garden (can't have one at home because my mom is allergic to flowers), help others, bake, be outside, ice skate, learn, and more. I also love to reading and writing, but wait, you already knew that!

2. My faith is extremely important to me, and my biggest dream is to go on at least one mission trip in my lifetime. My Church is doing a mission trip this summer, and I would love to go, but I'm a minor and it's expensive so we'll see.

3. I love inspiring books.

4. I am shy and quiet, until you get to know me, then I talk a lot, though I do talk more than I used to. Some people who just meet me think I'm to serious, but they don't know/understand me.

5. I laugh a lot (like, a lot, a lot), I'm emotional and cry and laugh while reading, and I'm easily embarrassed (pale skin can be a curse when embarrassed, because even if you are wearing foundation, blushing is still visible).

6. I play the flute and picallo.

7. I am fascinated by other cultures and countries and would love to travel around Europe someday (maybe other countries too, but mostly ones in Europe).

8. I teach the 2-year old class at my Church, and I want to become an elementary school teacher.

9. I love summer because there is no school, I can read more, there are flowers, I can take my dog for a walk, and I can be outside all day long (my favorite place to read is on my porch or in my grandparents gazebo when it's warm). I also love snow, but feel like it should only be cold if it is going to snow.

10. I love Christmas, because of the reason for the season, and it is a season of hope, joy, love, and giving. I sing Christmas songs from Thanksgiving until the day after my Birthday, which is in January, and I make my parents leave the tree up until then too. I also drive my parents nuts by filling up the DVR when I record and watch all Hallmark (and some other) Christmas movies. I just love the spirit of Christmas.

11. I love animals.

11 Questions from Rimsha Salam of Ramblings of a Bookworm
1.Why do you love to read and blog?
I love to read, because it transports me to knew places allowing me to relax/escape to other worlds, places, or time periods, and experience things that I may never/will never get to experience in real life. I meet new characters that become like BFF's or fall in love with. Books inspire, entertain, and teach me, as well as help me be more creative, and have bigger dreams for myself. I love to blog because it's an outlet that allows my love of writing to flow, I get to share the books I read and/or love with other people, I meet new readers/bloggers/friends, oarticipate in memes, and I get to interact with authors (free books are also a great bonus, though I really wasn't expecting them).

2.What are your hobbies?
Other than reading and blogging I love to spend time with family and friends, walk my dog, help other people, learn, sing, play my flute and a little keyboard, garden, ice skate, babysit, and much more.

3. What kind of person you are describe in three words?
Hmmm, this is hard.
quiet, kind (I hope), and bookworm

4. Fictional crush?
Oh my! Marcello in the River of Time series has been a fictional crush of mine for a while now, but he really is just so wonderful, smart, kind, caring, brave, and has a strong faith, I could go on. I also really like Ren in the Tigers Curse series, because of his personality, he's caring, brave, smart, I really could go on again. Two totally swoon-worthy guys!

5. Name three things you hate?
Poverty, many things in America's history, and cruel/rude people

6. Favorite book(s)/series
River of Time series by Lisa Tawn Bergren, Anomaly series by Krista McGee, Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, Tigers Curse series by Colleen Houck, and Melanie Dickerson's four books (sorry, they're just all so wonderful)

7. If you could live in a fictional world (Narnia, Hogwarts, Middle Earth, etc.) where would you live?


8. What are you studying/have you studied?
I am in high-school, but my favorite subject is English. My favorite class that I have ever taken is last years AP Human Geography class, because I am fascinated by other countries, and loved learning about culture, languages, and everything else about the class.

9. Any blogging advice?
The advice that is most important to me is - Try not to get discouraged by the number of followers you have and don't worry to much about what people think of your writing/reviews, because then you get nervous and self conscience. At first, what other people thought was a big fear of mine (and still is sometimes) but I decided to just be myself and write what felt.

10.Favorite Movie(s) TV show(s)?
I love Hallmark, and that's pretty much the only channel I watch except for occasional others. When Calls the Heart is actually my favorite TV show, and I like so many Hallmark channel movies that I can't pick a favorite as well as Frozen and Christmas movies.

11. Your role model(s) or inspirational person(s).
My mom is my biggest role model, because she's so kind, funny, always there for me, and more. I am inspired by so many people both throughout history and today, including historically famous people, anyone who has ever had the courage to stand up for what is right, everyone that has made a difference for the better, and many many more.

11 questions from me
1. When and why did you start a book blog?
2. What are your favorite things about reading and blogging?
3. When and where do you like to read?
4. Favorite genre.
5. Favorite fictional character.
6. Fictional crush and fiction BFF.
7. Favorite childhood book.
8. Most inspiring person in your life, and/or fictional character.
9. What do you like to do when you aren't reading?
10. Where would you like to go if you could go anywhere in the world?
11. What is your biggest dream or goal in life?

Nominated Blogs 
Each and every one of you is amazing! Please check out this fantastic blogs! (In alphabetical order)
Missie at A Flurry of Ponderings
Wolfie at Writer Person

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!