Monday, May 26, 2014

Armchair BEA

I'm deciding (kind of last minute) to participate in Armchair BEA! It sounds very fun and I'm excited to participate and meet new bloggers. Find out more about Armchair BEA here.

Introduction
This is mainly for all of you who haven't seen my blog yet. I'll pick five of the ten listed!

1. Please tell us a little about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from?
 I am Lakin from the U.S. I have been blogging since January 2014, because I wanted to share my love of books with other book lovers, and meet said book lovers (online through blogs of course). I had been following multiple book blogs for a year or two before, and I thought that it looked really fun. It took me a while to bring up the nerve to start my own though!

2. What genre do you read the most? I love to read ______________.
I am teen, so I read a lot of YA. I also love Christian fiction, especially Historical. I love to read, because it allows me to go to a whole different world and live through the characters in the book.

3. What does your favorite/ideal reading space look like?
My favorite reading space is the gazebo at my grandparents house. I love to read outside, so I also like the glider swing type thing we have in our yard too.

4. What is your favorite blogging resource?
I love Goodreads! I can get a picture of the book, description, links, and review all in one place. Then all I have to do is copy the HTML of my review and paste it into my post!

5. What book would you love to see as a movie?
River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren!

What about you?

Second Topic is Literature

Literature can be described or seen in many different ways. Some believe that only classics should be considered literature. Some say that all books, written words, and songs are literature.

For me, literature is all books, stories, written words, songs, spoken words etc. that inspire or move a person. If it moves the reader/listener in any way, it is literature, and I will call it that. It can be eloquent and written in 16th century English, or every other word may need to be looked up in a dictionary. It might be written in a simple style and easy to understand. Some of the best literature includes the books that I read every single day. The books that make  a difference in how I think, feel, the ones that inspire and move me. I love it when books inspire me - inspiration is one of the best things that can come from a book. 

Literature can be any and every type of book, and so much more! It's all up to you!

What do you think when you think of literature? Has any literature inspired you or sparked you with inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!