Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Goodreads Challenge and Posts


I started blogging half way through January, but I still got 371 posts out! That's more posts than there are days in the year and I'm just a tiny bit excited about that and extremely surprised!

In 2014 I set my goal to read 100 books. I achieved my goal plus read a few more, reading about 104 books!

There were actually a couple of weeks this year when I didn't read any novels - when I was in Romania and a week before my first ACT, ect. I was okay with that because I don't and shouldn't feel like I have to read all of the time.

I would love to set my goal at 100 again, but I just don't think that would be very realistic.

I would love to go on another mission trip this summer, but I don't know if I'll be able to.

 I graduate high school this year, so I'll have to get a job and start College. I'm nervous and excited to start College! While I'll miss my friends I hope to make new, true friends in while in College. I don't want to grow up to fast, yet I know I need to take the next step. Yet, I don't know exactly what College will be like, or how hard it will be. I have taken AP classes and a couple College classes while in high school, but that doesn't compare to the stress of the real thing.

In other words, I don't know how much time I will have to read. I don't want to feel stressed about reading because I truly do enjoy it. I don't want it to feel like a job. I want to read for fun, not just because I need something to review for my blog.

So, I'm only setting my goal at 60 books. I know that's only 5 books a month, but don't know how busy I'll be and like I said I don't want to feel stressed. I also really want to meet whatever goal I set. So, I'm setting my goal at 60 and hoping that I can read more!

Because of College and any future job I might get, I might also have to post less, but that's okay too. This blog isn't meant to be stressful, it's meant to be fun and a way for me to express myself and talk about the great books I've read!

Anyway, I hope 2015 will be a great year like 2014 was!

(Sorry if this post sounds like I'm convincing myself that it's okay if I have to go from 100 books to 60 books - it kind of was.)

How many books are you challenging yourself to read this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!