Monday, March 30, 2015

Fantasy Favourites Read-A-Thon: Interrogation

Sadly, the Fantasy Favourites Read-A-Thon has ended. I want to say a huge thank you to the wonderful hosts over at Olivia’s Catastrophe and Bookshelf Reflections. You guys are awesome, and I had so much fun with this! I’m going to be honest I didn’t have time over the weekend to get the weekend challenge questions written and posted, so they are still to come. I promise!

But here are my totals

Goal 50 pages a day = 350 pages

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman - 374 pages (finished)
Homecoming by Kate Hasbrouck - 275 pages (finished)
Royal Date - 254 pages (finished)
A Separate Peace - 35 pages

Total books read - 3
Total pages read - 938 pages
That’s 558 pages over my goal!

Wow! I didn’t even realize I read that many pages until I added it all up! That is definitely more than I normally read in a normal school week (1-2 books), and in case you can’t tell I’m kind of surprised! I challenged myself and succeeded! I also wrote a Scholarship essay and kept up with school work.

Now for the interrogation!

1. What was your page reading goal? How many pages did you end up reading?
My page reading goal was 350 pages, but I ended up reading 938! So Surprising, I know!

2. What books did you read?
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman - 374 pages (finished)
Homecoming by Kate Hasbrouck - 275 pages (finished)
Royal Date - 254 pages (finished)
A Separate Peace - 35 pages

3. What book was your most/least favourite?
Most Favourite - both Homecoming and Royal Date
Least Favourite - A Separate Peace

4. What challenge did you find the hardest to do?
Rewriting!

5. What challenge was the most fun to do?
All of them!

6. Did you make any new blogging friends?
Yes, I discovered a few new blogs to follow! Yay friends!

7. What was your biggest reading distraction? How did you get over it?
My biggest reading distractions were school and my busy weekend. I was actually able to read quite a lot at school, I usually met my 50 page goal before I got home, then I read a lot at night. My weekend, especially Sunday was a little more challenging. Luckily for this challenge, the three children I babysit were really good and allowed to watch tv so I was able to get some of my reading in then.

8. What was your reading schedule? Were you a morning or evening reader? Week or weekend?
As we already established, I was a week reader. I think I was a kind of sporadic reader, reading anytime I could at school and then at night.

9. Are you and XYZ still friends? Do you still want to keep hanging out after the read-a-thon is over or will you lock them away somewhere to maybe contact them again when the next read-a-thon comes around (if ever)?
Of course we’re still friends!

10. Would you do this again?
I would definitely do this again. I had so much fun with these challenges and acceding my goal! This was my first Read-A-Thon, but certainly not my last, and I can’t wait to do another one!


I loved getting to meet some awesome new bloggers and I had so much fun reading everyone’s answers! I’ll definitely be participating in more Read-A-Thons in the future! Thank you again to you amazing hosts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!