Thursday, March 12, 2015

Stranded by Dani Pettrey

5 Stars
Goodreads Summary
When her friend vanishes from a cruise ship, reporter Darcy St. James isn't satisfied with their explanation that she simply left her job of her own accord. Something isn't lining up, and Darcy believes the only way to find the truth is to put herself in Abby's position. Within days, Darcy learns her friend wasn't the only person to disappear mysteriously. Last summer, a woman vanished under almost identical circumstances.
Gage McKenna has taken a summer-long stint leading adventure excursions for the passengers of various cruise lines that dock for a few days of sightseeing. He's surprised to find Darcy working aboard one of the ships, investigating a troubling report. Something sinister is going on and the deeper they dig the more Gage fears they've only discovered the tip of the iceberg.

My Review
I’m so terrible for reading this series completely out of order, but I was in a mood to read another book in this series and Stranded (book 3) was the only one that was currently available at my Library! I mean who cares if I read book 5, then 3?  They’re still completely awesome, and nothing is taken away from the story/experience!

I enjoyed my second look at Alaska from the perspective of a cruise ship and adventure excursions. It was interesting to see the cruise ship aspect, and I found the cruise ship “laws,” very intriguing, and their attitude slightly disturbing. The unique passengers and ship employees were fun to get to know, and even more fun to investigate!

Darcy quit investigative reporting for a reason, yet she is determined to help her friend Abby track down and crack the crime. But when Abby goes missing, and no one will talk, what’s a girl to do when there don’t seem to be any clues? Investigate undercover - that’s what! I really appreciated that Darcy was so unwilling to compromise her faith and character in order to get information, as well as her perseverance in attempting to convince Gage that she was not corrupt and fake. She stayed true to herself, and her faith.

Gage had been through a lot, and jumped on the opportunity to run the cruise excursions in order to escape his recent feelings for Darcy. Yet, that doesn’t seem to be what fate has in mind, because guess who he immediately runs into. Darcy! The two have a little history, and as the danger and mystery progress into something more sinister than either of them had ever imagined, can they overcome the odds separating them and open up their hearts? And can Gage help Darcy overcome her fear of water? Their feelings and interactions with each other went all over the place, and back again - very entertaining!

It was fun getting to see the other McKennas too! Their family dynamics and true friendship with each other is wonderful to watch and feel a part of! I enjoy every minute I spend with them, and can’t wait to read the other three books, so I can hear all of their stories!

There is a ton of heart gripping mystery, clenching and shocking reality, that will keep you guessing. Plenty of inspiring faith journeys, friendship, trust, teamwork and more to be found in Stranded. You will smile, gasp, clench your teeth, and feel so many emotions - it’s a ride you won’t want to miss!

Stopping now, before I spoil anything!

I borrowed an ebook copy of this book from my local Library. All thoughts and opinions are solely my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!