Monday, March 9, 2015

The Vow by Jody Hedlund

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary
In this ebook historical romance novella by Jody Hedlund, young Rosemarie finds herself drawn to Thomas, the son of the nearby baron. But just as her feelings begin to grow, a man carrying the Plague interrupts their hunting party. While in forced isolation, Rosemarie begins to contemplate her future—could it include Thomas? Could he be the perfect man to one day rule beside her and oversee her parents’ lands?

Then Rosemarie is summoned back to her castle in haste. The disease has spread, and her family is threatened. And the secret she discovers when she returns could change her future forever.

This novella also serves as a prequel to Jody Hedlund’s An Uncertain Choice.

My Review
I have heard so many good things about Jody Hedlund's writing, and I've been meaning to read a couple of her books for a while now. When I saw An Uncertain Choice, I knew I had to read it, and then I saw that The Vow was a prequel to it, so I picked it up and devoured it!

There was so much depth, emotion, and detail in The Vow. I was captivated by both the writing style and the medievel story taking place. It was inspiring to watch fourteen year old Rosemarie learn, see, and discover things from first love to things less pleasant. I found her to be very strong and realistic. Even with the huge time difference, teens today will be able to relate to her, enjoy this novel, and hopefully learn something from it.

I think that The Vow is a perfect setup for An Uncertain Choice, and I can't wait to continue this journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!