Thursday, May 21, 2015

Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary
Bella Rossi may be nearing thirty, but her life is just starting to get interesting. When her Italian-turned-Texan parents hand over the family wedding planning business, Bella is determined not to let them down. She quickly books a "Boot Scoot'n" wedding that would make any Texan proud. There's only one catch - she's a country music numbskull because her family only listens to Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Where will she find a DJ on such short notice who knows his Alan Jackson from his Keith Urban?
When a misunderstanding leads her to the DJ (and man) of her dreams, things start falling into place. But with a family like hers, nothing is guaranteed. Can the perfect Texan wedding survive a pizza-making uncle with mob ties, an aunt who is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and a massive delivery of 80 cowboy boots? And will Bella ever get to plan her own wedding?

My Review
Fools Rush In was such a fun and entertaining read, perfect for hot summer days relaxing outside! I laughed so hard throughout the entire book. The entire cast of characters were fantastic, I loved getting to know them and all of their family dynamics and quirks. I can't wait to read more about all of them in the sequels.

When the Italian and countryfied families started to merge, I was impressed at the faith and diversity between both families. From the Rossi's to the Neeley's, to Bella's best friend, they all found their way into my bookish heart with likeable personalities. Dwayne was such a nice guy, so sweet - I couldn't get enough of their conversations!

I really enjoyed getting inside of Bella's head. She had such a unique, fun, and witty voice that just made reading this book so much fun. I also loved watching Bella learn that their families really weren't that different after all. Her faith journey was beautiful and inspiring, and I'm taking the lessons she learned to heart - trusting the Lord with all of my worries, and just letting his plan play out the way he wants it to.

From the pizza shop to the wedding planning, there is lots of stuff going on, and not a minute to lose! Get your cowboy/cowgirl on, this is one cast of characters that you really want to get to know! Be forewarned that you will laugh a lot, so don't read this in any awkwardly quiet public places...or do, so you can convince everyone to read the book too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!